Rule #1 Act Like You Have SOME Social Skills

Sunday, January 31, 2010 |

I am sitting in the house paralyzed with fear at the thought of driving in the snow...not because I can't drive in the snow (I'm from upstate NY), but rather because I hear people literally unable to back their cars out in this little bit of snow (folks 'round here can't drive in snow) and I needs my car so its probably best to let it melt a little more before I drive, but I digress......I'm bored and probably going a little stir crazy-perhaps I will go for a jog later-I gotta write about this story my friend just told me lets call her "Lisa":

Lisa: Girl I got all dressed up to go on a date with this guy (that she had never met) I put on some heels, make up, a cute little shirt, and he showed up in some basketball shorts, sneakers and a dingy t-shirt.

Me: What??@#

What is really going on in the dating scene these days? I mean really? And I'm not talking about the whole male-female thereare3timesmoreblackwomenthanblackmenavailable phenomenon. I'm talking about lets act like you have SOME social skills. Why in the world would anyone show up to a date dressed like he just got finished playing ball with his boys? The sad thing is I have had this happen to me as well. I have gone on a date and put the effort into looking good and the guy has showed up in a flannel shirt and wrinkled jeans he looked like he had just finished moving. Then later on wanted to know why things didn't work out. Now I by no means as saying that ALL men do this but the fact that even two would do this is disturbing. So I write all this to say Fellas when you are going on a date with a lady-particularly one you have never met put some effort in your appearance because whether or not it seems shallow IT MATTERS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment