Just Us Kidz

Monday, March 8, 2010 |

  So I got a call from this woman named Debra Livsey.  She explained that she had heard about my blog on facebook and asked me if she could talk to me about the organization she worked for named Just Us Kidz.  I said sure 'cause I love doing anything connected to the community.  Just Us Kidz is a parent resource center that includes various (FREE) mentoring programs for children, a sports camp, a 3 on 3 basketball camp hosted by Timothy "T-Dubb" White, a tutoring program, and soo many other resources I can't even name them.  Perhaps the most important thing is that these programs are free for those children who qualify.  It is a great resource to parents who need a little extra assistance with their children.  Perhaps the most important thing and I am ***********this is that this organization is in dire need of people to volunteer as mentors!  I am sure many of us have heard of Michael Baisden's 1 million mentor's push and the fact that in various cities around the country children may wait for as long as two years for a mentor!  Well the shortage of mentors in the 7 cities is no different!  So I highly encourage all you socialites, professionals and the like to get out there and volunteer to help a child.  Surely 1 day a month is not too much to ask.








If interested in their services or interested in becoming a mentor please contact Debra Livsey at dlivsey@justuskidz.org.  You can also call the office at (757) 283-6368.  Check out the website at www.justuskidz.org.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment