Hammerheads Variety Show

Friday, April 9, 2010 |

So last month (I know I'm a little late) I went to Break Out management's variety show at Hammerheads club on the strip hosted by Nita Hurt.  The show was a compilation of performances by several local artists.  The cost was $5.  First I have to say I think the idea of providing a venue for unsigned artists to perform is a great idea however, the crowd was a little thin.  It seems difficult to really pull in a good crowd in the 757 and I am wondering why.

Anyway, the talent was composed of, just to name a few, Romonta, Travo, Big Heavy Daddy, Playa Sta Shun, Young, Silverback Gorilla, Eastman, Daqwan B, and Malika Harris.  I have to say out of all of the talent I really enjoyed Malika Harris.  She has a smooth and soulful voice.   of course I have to admit that I have a slight preference for R&B over hip hop so perhaps I am not the best to judge.  Overall it was a pretty cool evening, being able to kick it to live music definitely changes the             scene.           

Shout out to Supreme for the VIP tickets!    All questions concering the show and future shows can be directed towards Supreme at breakoutmgmt@yahoo.com.             

0 comments:

Post a Comment