Friday at the Velvet Lounge

Saturday, May 1, 2010 |

Last night I checked out the Velvet Lounge as some of my wonderful twitter socialites know.  Hmmm what can I say......well first of all it was my first time on Granby street (go me)!  Unfortunately, Granby st. was kind of dead, but I was informed by a very handsome young gentleman, that most people were out of town this weekend so it's all good!  Anyway, the Velvet lounge is what my friend called the TRUE definition of a lounge. It's small, intimate, and actually a nice place just to relax.  However, last night it was a club!  While the music was ok (better than Baxter's where we later went) there wasn't much of a crowd and the ladies outnumbered the fellas by 2-1!  The crowd was more hip hop than business casual so if your looking for an afterwork spot on Fridays I am not sure this is it, although I have heard that they do have a poetry night which I would like to check out.  The drinks were average price and the cost was $5.00 to get it in.  I popped in and out of there all night long as I checked out many of the spots on Granby st.  All in all it was cool but not exactly up to socialite status.............

0 comments:

Post a Comment