What I did this weekend Soul Bowl, Blakely's, All White

Sunday, May 16, 2010 |

OMG I am thoroughly exhausted.  So I am finally really "socialiting" is that a word?  Ha!
Anyway, so Friday night I finally went to Blakely's for "fashion fridays."  Thanks to a friend of a friend we had VIP (what up King)!  My girl and I were looking quite cute if I do say so myself!  My opinion of Blakely's is that its a great place to go true clubbing.  The dance floor is huge, the men dance, and there are several bars. Apparently popular belief is that it is kind of a "hood" spot by I didn't really get that, the crowd was mixed with students, and all types of folks so I say he se la vie if you want to party there's no shame in Blakely's.

Last night me and Maria (shout out lady) went the Urban League's soul bowl (got to support the community right)?  We had a great time!  The food was good although there wasn't much of it.  They had a live band, Sanura, which was off the hook, the one guy sounded just like John Legend and the drummer on the right was kind of a cutie too (yea I peeped you).  Oh and the Urban League's rep Mike Lynk was extra cool too.  We shared a lane with two other ladies. LOL we all sucked at bowling but it was all good.

After that I checked out an all white party in Portsmouth at the old Flames spot I think.  Anyway it was cool too everybody came dressed to impress in their whites.

Hit me up if there is a spot I should check out. oh and as always join http://www.hamptonv.ning.com/ where you can post and talk about events for free!

-Urban Socialite

0 comments:

Post a Comment