Seven Cities Who's Who- Justin P. Tinsley

Monday, February 1, 2010 |


So I decided that it would be a good idea to get to know the young professionals, local celebs- you know -the "who's who" of Hampton Roads.  So at least once a week I will interview someone who has had a strong impact on the area.  This week I chose Justin P. Tinsley the ambitious creator of a local successful online hip hop magazine GRADEACERTIFIED.

Justin is originally from North Carolina but grew up in Ettrick, Virginia.  His ties to the Seven Cities began when he attended Hampton University where he obtained a degree public relations.  I asked Justin what he thought about this area and he stated "I always found things to do when I lived in the Seven cities."

 Justin started GRADEACERTIFIED while he was at Hampton University in conjunction with a small successful company called CollegeRadioMusic.com.  "I love hip hop," he stated when I asked why he decided to start the blog.  "I can't rap, I can't sing, but I CAN write," said Justin when describing his contribution to the hip hop community.   Well on behalf of the local hip hop community I would like to thank Justin for starting such an influential blog and I wish him well in his future endeavors. I am sure he will continue to have a strong influence in music journalism. I know one day we will run across one of his articles in Rolling Stone.











Justin P. Tinsley (on the right) is currently pursuing a masters degree
in sports management at Georgetown University.  
He hopes one day to become a major influence in 
music journalism.  
Justin can be contacted atjustinptinsley@gmail.com 
or follow him on twitter twitter.com/justintinsley


Justin's hot links

0 comments:

Post a Comment